The best restaurants in Hua Hin
The Top 9 best restaurants in Hua Hin..You probably wonder why we name this site as the Top 9 restaurants in Hua Hin, but the answer is quite clear.
It is because we honestly can not judge which restaurants is the best as it is always up for a personal opinion. How-ever we can name some of the restaurants and cafés that we think are the best we have tried during the last 20 years, as we have visited Hua Hin.
On this page we will name nine of the best dining places that we have tried and we have left the last (10th) spot for your suggestion :-)
Please sent us your recommendation here.
Restaurant at the Hua Hin Nightmarket. Photo: HuaHin.dk
In Hua Hin, there are a myriad of great restaurants ranging from the big international restaurant franchises to the amazing local Thai restaurants, whose talented chefs will do their best to make your meal a great and authentic Thai experience.
Hua Hin is especially known for the many fantastic seafood restaurants, where you can enjoy all the good and delicious "seafood" from the ocean pantry. Most restaurants in Hua Hin are located on Naresdamri Road, which is what one sees in Hua Hin as the "food district".
On Naresdamri Road, restaurants, eateries, cafes and bars can be found side by side and offer everything from traditional Thai food to Italian, Indian and German-inspired restaurants with great steaks and all that goes with a solid Western meal.
Of course, in addition to the regular restaurants, many of which are located throughout Hua Hin, there are plenty of street kitchens serving traditional Thai food, as in the rest of Thailand. This can easily be a good, quick and even cheaper alternative than the more traditional restaurants. If so, try the traditional Tom Yam Goon soup if you want real Thai..Use the term "Mai Phet" if it doesn't have to be too spicy ;-)
Going to a restaurant in Hua Hin can be fantastic and if you prefer, it can also be a super affordable experience. Most often you will be able to enjoy a very solid meal incl. Beer for under 7 Euro per. person and even cheaper if you choose to eat at one of the many street kitchens.
The fact given that it is so cheap to eat at a restaurant in Thailand should be remembered when the holiday budget is laid before departure from your home country. It may well be that the airline ticket to Thailand is a little more costly than to some of the European holiday destinations, on the other hand, the cost of living in Thailand is at a completely different level. Thailand is still a really cheap country to vacate in..
Top rated dining options in Hua Hin
1. Hua Hin Hills Vineyard - Located some kilometres about side of Hua Hin, amidst a lush green vineyard, this restaurant offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside. Their menu features Thai and western cuisine, and their wine selection is one of the best in the area. Read more >
2. Papa John's Pizza - This well-known pizza chain offers delicious and affordable pizzas, salads, and sides. Their thin-crust pizza is a customer favorite and is available in a variety of toppings.
3. Let's Sea Hua Hin Al Fresco Resort - This beachfront resort offers a stunning sea view and an extensive menu of Thai and international cuisine. Their signature dishes include grilled seafood, steak, and pasta.
4. Air Space Cafe - This unique café is located inside a private plane and offers customers an unforgettable dining experience. They offer a variety of coffee and tea drinks, as well as light meals and snacks.
5. The Social Beach Restaurant & Bar - This beachfront restaurant offers an eclectic menu of Thai and international cuisine, with a focus on fresh seafood. The atmosphere is lively and festive, with live music and a DJ in the evenings.
6. Baan Itsara - This elegant restaurant specializes in authentic Thai cuisine, using only the freshest and highest-quality ingredients. Their menu features classic Thai dishes such as green curry and pad thai, as well as regional specialties.
7. La Grappa - This Italian restaurant offers delicious pizzas, pastas, and other classic Italian dishes in a cozy and romantic atmosphere. Their wine selection is extensive and features both Italian and international wines.
8. Let's Eat Hua Hin - This casual and affordable restaurant offers a wide variety of Thai and international cuisine, including vegetarian options. Their menu features classic Thai dishes such as tom yum soup and pad see ew, as well as burgers, sandwiches, and salads.
9. Coast Beach Club & Bistro - This beachfront restaurant offers a sophisticated menu of Thai and international cuisine, with a focus on fresh seafood and premium cuts of meat. The atmosphere is elegant and upscale, with stunning views of the ocean.
10. Your Favourite place - Where should we go ? Please sent us your recommendation here.
Pre-book your local tour-guide here..
Endless dining options
The traditional Thai restaurants and eateries are of course all over the city, but as mentioned earlier, you will find most restaurants located around Naresdamri Road or the streets around the night market. However, you should be aware that the prices here are often somewhat more expensive and can be close to "tourist trap" level, seen with Thai eyes, and in terms of what a meal cost at the small, more invisible eateries that you find if you move a little outside the most visited streets.
Hua Hin is particularly well known for the many seafood restaurants that is built on top of stilts over the water in the city center. ChaoLay Seafood Restaurant is the name of one of the more well-known places. Do not expect fancy interiors and luxury surroundings in any way. The places are spartan decorated, and it is the food quality that counts. At the seafood restaurants in Hua Hin you can get almost everything from the ocean, at prices that you will never experience at home in Europe. What about a huge big lobster at the price of under 15 Euro..?
Wine & Beer
Wine is pretty expensive in Thailand and it is extremely limited how many Thais enjoy wine when out dining. During your holiday in Thailand you will hardly see a single Thai drinking wine while dining. The preferred beverage is water, soft drinks or beer. Beer is generally preferred by the Thais and the most famous local beer brands are Singha, Chang & Leo. Heineken can also be bought at most restaurants and bars. A large 75 cl. beer costs approx. 3 Euro at a restaurant, which is approximately the same as a single thaidish of rice.
Khun Por food court Located on Phetkasem Road, just a few minutes away from the center of Hua Hin, the Baan Khun Por food court is a must-visit for anyone who loves good food. This open-air food court is known for its wide variety of food options, including Thai street food, seafood, and international cuisine.
One of the most popular stalls at Baan Khun Por is the seafood stall, where you can find a variety of fresh seafood such as prawns, crabs, squid, and fish. The seafood is cooked to order and served with a variety of dipping sauces, making it a delicious and unforgettable experience.
Other popular stalls include the pad thai stall, which serves up delicious noodles with your choice of protein and vegetables, and the grilled meat stall, which offers a variety of grilled meats such as pork, chicken, and beef.
Photo: There is a lot of different food stalls at Baan Khun Poor.
If you're looking for something a little more international, you can also find stalls that offer burgers, pizza, and even sushi. Whatever your taste buds are craving, you're sure to find something to satisfy them at the Baan Khun Por food court.
In addition to the food, the atmosphere at Baan Khun Por is also something to be admired. The food court is open-air, with plenty of seating available under a large tented area. The atmosphere is lively and bustling, with locals and tourists alike enjoying the delicious food and lively atmosphere.
Another great thing about Baan Khun Por is the prices. Despite the high quality of the food, the prices at Baan Khun Por are incredibly reasonable, making it an affordable and enjoyable experience for everyone.
In conclusion, if you're visiting Hua Hin and looking for a great place to enjoy delicious food in a lively atmosphere, the Baan Khun Por food court is definitely worth a visit. With its wide variety of food options, affordable prices, and bustling atmosphere, it's a great place to experience the rich culinary culture of Thailand